Thursday, June 18, 2009

Moving Forward

Some of you are familiar with the song, "Moving Forward"; if not, I've provided a link for you to hear this amazing song at the end of this blog. In personally knowing and loving this song, I failed to really seek its parallel to the Word of God... until I listened today. :)

Jeremiah 7:21-26 "'This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Go ahead, add your burnt offerings to your other sacrifices and eat the meat yourselves! For when I brought your forefathers out of Egypt and spoke to them, I did not just give them commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices, but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in all the ways I command you, that it may go well with you. But they did not listen or pay attention; instead, they followed the stubborn inclinations of their evil hearts. They went backward and not forward. From the time your forefathers left Egypt until now, day after day, again and again I sent you my servants the prophets. But they did not listen to me or pay attention. They were stiff-necked and did more evil than their forefathers.'"

Here, the prophet Jeremiah is delivering a strong word from God to the people of Judah. Basically, they've been trippin (yes... it didn't just start with us).

Jeremiah 7:9-11 (Amplified Bible) "Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, burn incense to Baal, and go after other gods that you have not known, And [then dare to] come and stand before Me in this house, which is called by My Name, and say, [By the discharge of this religious formality] 'we are set free!'--only to go on with this wickedness and these abominations? Has this house, which is called by My Name, become a den of robbers in your eyes [a place of retreat for you between acts of violence]? Behold, I Myself have seen it, says the Lord."

Yep. The people... WE... made choices to participate in unrighteous acts then run to "base" where WE stay for a few moments only to hide and participate in our unrighteous acts... despite the Truth WE know. Diagnosis: Insanity- doing the same thing over and over, heading nowhere. No, I'm not going to go into the manipulation of God's grace and self-deceptive perspective all of this entails (We know what WE think and don't say). I do want to point out WE (they + us) have neglected the apostles, preachers, prophets, teachers, friends, spiritual fathers and mothers who impart Truth and speak of obedience to God's commands. Neglecting obedience, REGARDLESS of sacrifice, moves us back in a place where God never intended us to be after we've encountered Him through Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:17 (Amplified Version)- "Therefore if any person is in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!"

WE must receive fully God's measure of grace towards us through this simple and profound Truth! IN HIM, WE ARE NEW CREATURES! Let us do away with the things that push us back towards our past and MOVE FORWARD towards our destiny in God through Jesus Christ! Sing with me: I'M MOVING, MOVING FORWARD!!!

No comments: