Wednesday, August 12, 2009

God trusts me, but can I trust Him?

I was talking to a sister of mine yesterday and was really encouraged by her testimony. I told her I felt like ever since I moved into my new place, I knew God trusted me to be there. He new the timing was now because of the growth He apparently could see in me (despite my doubts). Yet, as I'm learning, the bigger issue has been, "Can I trust God?" I'm in a place of intimacy like never before- being in my Abba Father's house where I rest with my first love of Jesus Christ empowered by His Holy Spirit. Yet, day by day, I'm learning to trust God to where I have NO back-up plans- plans A through Z. As my sister shared, it's in these times that God does an amazing work in our hearts towards Him.

So I encourage you all... don't let go, don't give up, don't doubt that God will provide for you or keep you... that He'll be there ALWAYS. He is building you up in spiritual character in that very moment. You just have to keep your spirit and heart's eye focused on Him. When you do that... "... all these things will be given to you as well. Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself." Matt. 6:33-34

I love each and every one of you, but my Daddy's love outdoes mine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so VERY proud of you daughter. You have become a mature, godly and giving Woman over the past year. I am in awe how the Father has loved on you and consumed you with His love and support. ALWAYS know that ALL is well. DO NOT allow the cares of life or the issues of others to become a burden to you. Father is GREATER, BIGGER and BETTER than anyone or anything. Peace!

Age-less

Tiffany McKinnon Walker said...

God word is solid and will never return void! He promises that He is the same God today and forever more. On last week when my body was being attacked my husband said something that took my faith to a whole leap of a level ... if that makes sense... but He said "Mary gave birth to a baby and she was a virgin so why should doubt God" It blew my mind because trust is something that is earned. We trust people around us based what they have done to us or for us. But if we look at God's track record it's flawless so we have no reason to doubt Him! So continue to trust in the Lord. Hold fast to His word and remind Him of who is He is. It's funny in my life when I start boasting on His goodness it seems like He just does more! So I encourage you to continue to walk in the NEW and God is making the way for you!

Jere_B said...

Thanks so much for this!! I haven't signed on blogger for quite some time and this post has explain everything I been going through since about July. I have been reading his word faithfully but I am having hard time letting go. It is good to hear brothers and sisters in Christ experience the same thing and how they overcome it! Thanks and I will keep you in my prayers!!